Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting service implies storing and/or sharing particular content on a server handled by a hosting vendor. There are different categories of hosting services utilized for various goals, so let's have a look at them. Doing so, you can pick what you need, on the basis of whether you'd like to build a website, emails, or to share files with comrades and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by certain firms, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole objective is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting plans frequently include ads next to the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a specific period of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a completely inapt interpretation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would divide the workload between independent groups of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving various web page hosting services (electronic mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a variety of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; certain companies offer a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting type is suitable if you desire to share a large number of images with buddies or associates since the service is commonly free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to taking care of your email accounts. Some firms offer webspace hosting solutions for web sites, but do not offer an email hosting solution. If you desire to manage a mail address with your domain name but do not want to run a website, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can set up mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video file creates a specific amount of CPU load, so with a few videos and several hundred web page viewers, you may have a problem with your hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will enable you to have as many videos as you wish without worrying about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to possess a site. To a certain extent, it encompasses all of the abovementioned hosting variants since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and e-mail address accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At 100WebSpace, for instance, you can examine web hosting and dedicated web server hosting services that allow you to have all of the aforementioned services in one single place. There may be limitations depending on the form of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting package may be better or worse compared with the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are conceived for particular web content exclusively.